Week in a Day

Saturday, July 30, 2011

So, I typically go to the grocery store once every two weeks or so. I end up with all sorts of things because I'm terrible at remembering what I already have (for instance, I currently have 3 containers of chili powder and approximately 7 boxes of spaghetti...you get my drift). About three days after said shopping trip, I realize that we have nothing to eat and I ask myself, "what did I spend $134.00 on at the grocery store if we have nothing but diet coke and onions for dinner?". Well, I have decided to put an end to my mindless isle wandering and start planning meals for every night of the week. I have also gotten a little over zealous and decided to cook everything ahead of time on Sunday. Whoa, whoa, whoa there Whitney, You mean to tell me that you are going to cook 5 different meals in one day?! Why yes conscience, that is exactly what I am going to do. I remembered that Rachael Ray has a show on the Cooking Channel called "Week in a Day". If she can do it, I can do it, and I'm going to do it with her help. I found the show's website here and I settled for the episode "Stick to Your Ribs". I made a list, checked it twice and headed out for the Meijer to do some controlled grocery shopping. To my surprise, shopping with a list is very liberating. For once I didn't feel like the shelves were hassling me to make a decision. I did but Gus a kitty condo that was not on the list but how could I resist.

All that to say, tomorrow.....It's going down. Stay tuned to see the deliciousness that ensues.
And here is a picture of J&J to brighten your day. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate grocery shopping. Even with a list, I always buy too much. I also like Target better than Walmart but Target is more expensive. I need some suggestions. Haha.

Miss y'all!

Post a Comment